Exciting Growth in Kansas City!
It’s no secret that Boveri Realty Group is passionate about the KC Real Estate Market, but why? Here’s our list of recent, or planned growth being anticipated in the City!
• Cost of living is 20% lower than US average
• Cost of housing is 20% lower than US average
• Real Estate in the area appreciated by 0.95% last quarter, which equates to 3.8% annually.
• Money Magazine ranked 3 of the metro area’s cities in the top 30 places to live.
• Historically, KC offers real estate stability and predictability and hasn’t suffered greatly from
property value depreciation or appreciation. KC is not likely to suffer from “big growth” that happens coastally, but has a proven track record of steady 5% growth year on year.
• Major auto assembly plant (Ford & GM)
• Major data processing firm (DST)
• Companies with headquarters locally; Sprint Nextel, Hallmark, H&R Block, AMC theatres, Hallmark, Levi, Applebees, Russel Stovers, etc.
• Huge healthcare software company (Cerner)
New and Upcoming Growth and Developments:
• KC Power & Light District-$850 million entertainment district opened 2005
• Sprint Center- arena in the heart of the center opened 2007
• Google selected KC as its first location for Google Fiber 2013
• KC Streetcar (transit system) set to open in 2015 $100 million development
• KC already known as the “Paris of the Plains” additionally became the “Silicone Prairie” due to the surge of startups moving to the city